What's new

printer issue - epson workforce 630

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kstatinet

New Around Here
i have asus rt-ax300 and epson workforce 630 printer next to it. connection setup is wireless. this printer is not on the list of 'recommended' one for asus.

sometimes this printer can not get IP (gets apip address) from dhcp server (rt-ax300) and the only solution I found was to reboot the router. when it loses connection the correct IP assigned to the printer is still listed in wireless clients list and there is no mac conflict. I'm puzzled on troubleshooting steps to resolve this.

What is a rt-ax300? Do you mean RT-AX3000?

Try connecting the printer to the router by Ethernet cable and see if you have the same problem. I suspect you will not.

What is a rt-ax300? Do you mean RT-AX3000?

Yes, Colin. As I mentioned in OP, "Asus rt-ax300". Sorry I missed one zero

Try connecting the printer to the router by Ethernet cable and see if you have the same problem. I suspect you will not.

That not what I was asking here. I was asking how to troubleshoot the wireless connection.

That not what I was asking here. I was asking how to troubleshoot the wireless connection.
You asked how to troubleshoot your "printer issue". By testing the printer with an Ethernet cable you can verify whether or not the problem is related to WiFi or something else (like DHCP).

how 'testing the printer with an Ethernet cable' would help in answering my question?
1. wireless works most of the time. i'm trying to get a help from this forum how to troubleshoot the other times.
2. using ethernet cable instead of wireless signal does not seem to me a right approach.
3. it's already getting dchp settings from asus router, but occasionally connection is dropped.
i have at least 15 other wireless nodes that don't have a problem with this router.

let say that an ethernet connection is stable for a couple of days. how then you suggest I troubleshoot the wireless connection?

i have asus rt-ax300 and epson workforce 630 printer next to it. connection setup is wireless. this printer is not on the list of 'recommended' one for asus.

sometimes this printer can not get IP (gets apip address) from dhcp server (rt-ax300) and the only solution I found was to reboot the router. when it loses connection the correct IP assigned to the printer is still listed in wireless clients list and there is no mac conflict. I'm puzzled on troubleshooting steps to resolve this.

Update the printer firmware and drivers.

Change WLAN channels.

Turn OFF Airtime Fairness and then Universal Beamforming per band in the router.

Wire the printer.

Get a different printer.

OE

OzarkEdge, thank you for your help!
i will check on "Turn OFF Airtime Fairness and then Universal Beamforming in the router."
i might also try wireshark it.

If you have the option, use a static IP for the printer instead of DHCP.