What's new

Unbound Printer visibility problem on AiMesh network when running unbound with dnsmasq disabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Slawek P

Hi,

I noticed a strange issue, that I am not sure how to troubleshoot really. Any suggestions appreciated.

I run two AX88Us in AiMesh and everything works fine normally. One strange behaviour is immediately introduced when I chose dnsmasq disabled in unbound_manager so unbound acts as an entry port for DNS queries rather instead of relied from dnsmasq to unbound.
What I am observing with my printer and tv is that their visibility to computers on the network depends if these devices connect to main router or AiMesh node.
For example - when printer connects to AiMesh node then it is not visible to computers (ping would not work), but when it is connected to main router then it is.
I do not know if it has something to do with printer stand by mode, but as I mentioned this is only observable when I activate dnsmasq disable in unbound_manager. Perhaps something else is not offered anymore with dnsmasq disable mode.
What steps can I take to investigate this? Many thanks

I do not observe this problem anymore on Merlin 386.2_2. My printer connects wirelessly at random to either router or AiMesh node and is always visible.