What's new

Prioritize packets

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomName

Very Senior Member
Is there a way to prioritize the packets under traffic manager WITH hardware acceleration enabled? ..As if Traffic Manager was enabled..

Is there a way to prioritize the packets under traffic manager WITH hardware acceleration enabled? ..As if Traffic Manager was enabled..

QoS is incompatible with HW acceleration.

How much does disabling hardware acceleration slow down routing? Is there a speed threshold without hardware acceleration enabled?

It's a noticeable slow-down. Everyone says there is no way one could notice it but in UT3 online, the difference is like night n day. I can tell the packets are prioritized but there is a weird lag that doesn't make sense and it's there every-time I turn QoS on. There has to be a way to have both features working together or something that can be done!? No?

How much does disabling hardware acceleration slow down routing? Is there a speed threshold without hardware acceleration enabled?

Without HW acceleration, the maximum WAN to LAN speed drops to around 150 Mbits.

Are there any routers in the same performance category as the RTN66U that offer a combination of prioritizing individual select packets while having some type of hardware acceleration?

Does HW acceleration affect LAN to LAN performance as well?

No. LAN to LAN goes through a switch, there's no processing done by the router's FW.

Are there any routers in the same performance category as the RTN66U that offer a combination of prioritizing individual select packets while having some type of hardware acceleration?

No Broadcom-based router for sure. No idea about the RT-N56U, I guess it depends on what you are expecting performance-wise.