What's new

Privacy alert

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maastricht

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus AC-86U with the latest software(s) installed.
Since a couple of weeks I see a privacy alert on my iPad, saying that the wifi network is blocking coded DNS-traffic.

As far as I know there is nothing 'fancy' activated (or deactivated) for this network (perhaps I have uninentionally done something wrong).

What can I do?

Since a couple of weeks I see a privacy alert on my iPad, saying that the wifi network is blocking coded DNS-traffic.

As far as I know there is nothing 'fancy' activated (or deactivated) for this network (perhaps I have uninentionally done something wrong).

What can I do?

Thanks a lot !!

It helps to read that others have the same problem. (And as someone wrote: A restart did help for a short while, but the message came back again.)
Ik wil study this beter.
But on first sight It seems to be not to worry about to much.

I won't worry for now, ASUS router firmware since some time has a DNS over TLS setting option in the Advanced Settings -> WAN page.
There is a WAN DNS Setting -> DNS Privacy setting, with one option: DNS-over-TLS (DoT).
Something is written here and here.
If you are concerned about privacy, I am not sure if using Google 8.8.8.8 is good choice anyway, and who knows what the other preset server providers do with your data.

What can I do?
Just reboot the “iDevice” showing the message & that generally fixes it.