What's new

Privacy concern

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

siddharta

New Around Here
Hi
I'm wondering if anybody knows (have read the fine print in the license agreement :)) if and what data Trend Micro collects if using their thingies - traffic analyzer, QoS etc?

Thanks

Hi
I'm wondering if anybody knows (have read the fine print in the license agreement :)) if and what data Trend Micro collects if using their thingies - traffic analyzer, QoS etc?

Thanks
Does it matter anymore ? Apple , Microsoft , Google Android and now ISP have and will collect all kinds of data . Your smart TV and appliances , your car all collect data on where you were where you are going what you're buying . Just accept it there is no escape if you use any of the above , just add Trend to the list .
There is a thread here on this subject , not much that was found out on wht was collected

TrendMicro is a security company not really focusing on selling your data, it simply does not make any business sense for them as they will instantly loose credibility and customers. On the other hand, to protect from malware and optimize your data streams, they need to check your traffic. So, if you are afraid, simply give up on security and the other features. However, it makes really not much sense (IMO) as they bring to consumers a real added value. Some of these features are unique to ASUS as compared to other brands in the commercial market.

Reading the fine print in license agreements does not really help as they need to cover all possible scenario for potential liability/damage claims. They are written by lawyers not by trend micro developers. Take any other license agreement of similar tools and your will find the same. :)

Trend Micro collects if using their thingies - traffic analyzer, QoS

I think Trend Micro's perspective here is to collect threats - e.g. hits on their provisioned profiles...

They're a decent company - I've worked with them in the past.