What's new

Private Internet Access (Bad IP actors)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zdaw700

New Around Here
Router: AC68U with Merlin WRT, Diversion and Skynet firewall.

Is anyone here using PIA and seeing a bunch of hits in Skynet? I can connect to VPN servers but Skynet is now blocking IPs (so far 17) with 3-5+ hits on various engines (checking on virustotal/"relations" tab). It gets hits whether connected to local servers, or foreign ones.

I know that recently PIA was bought out so theory is compromised IP servers or just bad IPs in general? - Never used to get anything until recently (past month or so).

Perhaps it's time to stop using PIA?
I am using PIA app in Android (not downloaded from a 3rd party), which is listed in "relation" to the listed IPs, as well noticed that the PIA .exe is also listed in the same kind.

Figured this was worth asking since this initially happened with one or two hits around a month ago, assumed false positive or something - but now with more hits in Skynet it's bringing trust in this VPN into the light.

Cheers!

Router: AC68U with Merlin WRT, Diversion and Skynet firewall.

Is anyone here using PIA and seeing a bunch of hits in Skynet? I can connect to VPN servers but Skynet is now blocking IPs (so far 17) with 3-5+ hits on various engines (checking on virustotal/"relations" tab). It gets hits whether connected to local servers, or foreign ones.

I know that recently PIA was bought out so theory is compromised IP servers or just bad IPs in general? - Never used to get anything until recently (past month or so).

Perhaps it's time to stop using PIA?
I am using PIA app in Android (not downloaded from a 3rd party), which is listed in "relation" to the listed IPs, as well noticed that the PIA .exe is also listed in the same kind.

Figured this was worth asking since this initially happened with one or two hits around a month ago, assumed false positive or something - but now with more hits in Skynet it's bringing trust in this VPN into the light.

Cheers!

I'm running two PIA clients on my AC86 and no issues. Both Skynet and Diversion are also running on the router. No mention in the logs that PIA is blocked.