What's new

Probably bug in 386.1_2 - Remote Log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

przemekwawa

Regular Contributor
Hi, after upgrade to 386.1_2 my RT-AC68U is sending to remote syslog server all logs, and it does not matter, what settings I choose. All with Notice and above level are sent, event with bellow settings:
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 11.53.26.png

Any idea how to limit that? I can't use that now, as my NAS disks will be killed very shortly... And more important - disks are loud now:)
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 11.55.12.png

After changing them, I see that values in nvram are changed but it does not change behavior.

Last edited:
That's the way it's meant to behave. If it wasn't doing that before it would have been a bug. The log level options in the GUI only effect what is shown in the router's syslog. All log messages are sent to a remote syslog server, and it is that server that filters what it does or doesn't show in its logs.

I'm guessing the real issue is that the current firmware now produces lots of wlceventd messages whereas the older firmwares didn't. If you don't want to see them on your remote syslog server you need to setup a filter there.

I'm guessing the real issue is that the current firmware now produces lots of wlceventd messages whereas the older firmwares didn't. If you don't want to see them on your remote syslog server you need to setup a filter there.
Exactly those messages are problematic. OK, I have to check if it will work on server side and will limit writes to disks. Unfortunately log app on NAS is very limited.