What's new

Probelm with FlexQOS on AXE-16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i have 3 ppl streaming on tvs at the same time

So what? UHD stream is about 40Mbps. How many UHD TV's you have in your home? Everything else lower, perhaps not even 10% of your bandwidth.

I get random lagspikes, during gaming sessions while others on my network watch netflix, and youtube, I can't figure out how to strictly bump up the packets on my gaming devices, first on queue, is there a guide on how to do this so i dont continue to flood the support pages?
See the readme here:
and search for “gaming rule”.

3 UHD Tvs, 1 desktop 4 laptops, ring, blink 2 alex, nest and 7 tablets, if im not mistaken alongside 6 phones

And each of your family members stream on a TV plus on a laptop plus have a tablet open and two phones in their hands?

I have a feeling you are looking for a solution to a problem outside of your control. Most likely game server latency related.

Have you tried with no QoS? With 1000/40 there is a chance you are hurting yourself with QoS attempts.
That depends on how traffic is being allocated on the network. Plus traffic that relies on transmission using upload connection can still suffer or create additional bottleneck. While I agree that the results may vary among noticeable performance gains, there is still the possibility that enabling QoS will produce some kind of performance advantage on networks that host a variety of different connection types which are all expected to share the same connection at the same moment in time. If we were talking about a typical symmetrical 1Gbps connection , I might tend to agree more with you, however the connection is significantly asymmetrical meaning the upload and download speeds are significantly different.

What this means is- while the user may be experience improved performance gains by having QoS prioritizing their game play and video streaming experience, it may come at a cost of reduced performance of other hosted connection types on the network, and vice versa. Whereas before the connection seemed to be more of a best effort quality without the added benefits of qos packet processing/handling.

Last edited:
That's odd as I would expect dropped packets with QoS enabled - there's an implicit agreement with QoS that packets can be dropped to ensure fairness...
Albiet there should be an overall reduction in good( or legitimate) packets being dropped since only the ones creating congestion and/or errors should be getting dropped to ensure such fairness.

Last edited:
there is still the possibility that enabling QoS will produce some kind of performance advantage

Of course, but few people streaming on a Gigabit download ISP is unlikely to be the issue. Few people torrenting is a different story. If this is the case limiting the upload on the clients side is the better strategy than fighting with QoS on the router. Gamers who stream online their game play should know they need fast upload. Gamers who connect to remote servers should know there is latency issue they can't fix on their side. It's like you know what the issue is and you fix it (if possible) versus you rely on the router to fix the mistakes you make. The router will most likely fail to do so. Also many people forget the residential ISP lines are shared between subscribers and not guaranteed. More speed/latency issues are expected in high Internet traffic hours. Few speedtest obsessed neighbors hitting the line every hour may also affect Internet experience.

Last edited:
Of course, but few people streaming on a Gigabit download ISP is unlikely to be the issue. Few people torrenting is a different story. If this is the case limiting the upload on the clients side is the better strategy than fighting with QoS on the router. Gamers who stream online their game play should know they need fast upload. Gamers who connect to remote servers should know there is latency issue they can't fix on their side. It's like you know what the issue is and you fix it (if possible) versus you rely on the router to fix the mistakes you make. The router will most likely fail to do so. Also many people forget the residential ISP lines are shared between subscribers and not guaranteed. More speed/latency issues are expected in high Internet traffic hours. Few speedtest obsessed neighbors hitting the line every hour may also affect Internet experience.

Well if the user had better experience with QoS on in the past I'd expect they'd know their setup well enough to know if they needed QoS or not.
I get random lagspikes, during gaming sessions while others on my network watch netflix, and youtube, I can't figure out how to strictly bump up the packets on my gaming devices, first on queue, is there a guide on how to do this so i dont continue to flood the support pages?
Based on the question the user asked, the random lag spiked they are experiencing could also be related signal delays or Network jitter which could indicate a missconfiguration in their QoS.
@karmasmessenger I suggest doing alittle research into qos configuration and reviewing your setup better for flaws in how you might have qos configured now. This is not something easily solved by asking generic questions here. At the end of the day, only you know how your qos is setup.

Last edited:
The user in question is "totally new to this" and my suggestion is to try with no QoS first. If it's worse - then continue the fight with QoS. I've seen quite a bit new users hurting themselves just because they see Quality of Service settings and someone else using it. There is no universal solution. I get what you are saying, but you also know what you are doing. This is a big difference.