What's new

Problem exporting ovpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hexus

Occasional Visitor
On my AC-88U now I can't export properly .ovpn profile :( Some certs missing, had tried add them manually to profile - not working.

On my AC-88U now I can't export properly .ovpn profile :( Some certs missing, had tried add them manually to profile - not working.
I had a similar issue on my AC 68U and rather than banging my head I just used the default function to reset Openvpn..go to the details tab of vpn and on each instance of the server hit the default button at the bottom...restart router and hopefully it fixes the issue like it did for me. PIA as you have to send the new opvn file you created to each device but better than spending days figuring out why in my case...good luck.

Nope. After Default/Reboot/VPN-ON it creates may certs. Ok. But secret key for TLS is absent (service don't started, because it have zero size).
Export button unavailable (some errors text, service don't running, bla-bla...)

Code:
Oct 21 00:03:43 openvpn[1867]: OpenVPN 2.4.4 arm-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Oct 17 2017
Oct 21 00:03:43 openvpn[1867]: library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2j  26 Sep 2016, LZO 2.08
Oct 21 00:03:43 openvpn[1868]: PLUGIN_INIT: POST /usr/lib/openvpn-plugin-auth-pam.so '[/usr/lib/openvpn-plugin-auth-pam.so] [openvpn]' intercepted=PLUGIN_AUTH_USER_PASS_VERIFY
Oct 21 00:03:43 openvpn[1868]: Diffie-Hellman initialized with 2048 bit key
Oct 21 00:03:43 openvpn[1868]: Insufficient key material or header text not found in file 'static.key' (0/128/256 bytes found/min/max)
Oct 21 00:03:43 openvpn[1868]: Exiting due to fatal error

Ok. I'm generate new one through ssh console:
Code:
openvpn --genkey --secret ta.key
and insert this key to Advanced setting/Keys and Certificates-Edit.

After "Apply" all client's key/cert disappear from /etc/openvpn/server1.

Service is running, yes, but exported .ovpn now doesn't have clients key/cert.

:D

P.S. Username / Password Auth. Only - NO (default is YES). Check on this setting.
P.P.S. VPN works after I copy all client key/cert before they disappear from /etc/openvpn/server1, and paste them manually to half-empty client1.ovpn.

Last edited: