What's new

Problem in the AIProtection RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

R

router89

Hello,

I have an asus RT-AX88U router with the latest firmware 384.16.

In the "AIProtection" preferences, the window is displayed incorrectly, the texts are shifted ... Is this normal ?

Another problem, when I click on delete events, it comes back after... is it a bug ?
This events are not permanently deleted...

thank you in advance for your help !

Best regards.

I had those issues when I had this router also, I tried a clean install of FW on it and still had issues plus other issues then what you are having.

I returned mine, I think I got a lemon?

I had those issues when I had this router also, I tried a clean install of FW on it and still had issues plus other issues then what you are having.

I returned mine, I think I got a lemon?

Thank you for that answer.

I think rather of a bug of the interface in AIProtection because all the other options of the router work and are displayed perfectly therefore it is very bizzare.

Thank you for that answer.

I think rather of a bug of the interface in AIProtection because all the other options of the router work and are displayed perfectly therefore it is very bizzare.
On just about every Asus router I've run Merlin on since the RT-N66R(U) there is display issues that fix themselves by going back to Network Map or just clicking the refresh button multiple times until it does. I haven't paid attention to this part, mine is mainly when I'm clicking the WAN section it goes screwy...
JUST CHECKED & mine displays exactly like yours...
Had forgotten 2 set that part up. It accepted credentials fine though....

On just about every Asus router I've run Merlin on since the RT-N66R(U) there is display issues that fix themselves by going back to Network Map or just clicking the refresh button multiple times until it does. I haven't paid attention to this part, mine is mainly when I'm clicking the WAN section it goes screwy...
JUST CHECKED & mine displays exactly like yours...
Had forgotten 2 set that part up. It accepted credentials fine though....

Thank you for that answer. Can you check on the AiProtection part if the problem is identical ?

How should you do to bring this bug to merlin developers ?

Yes the email account and password works, but the window is not displayed properly.

Do you have a screenshot of your window identical ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for that answer. Can you check on the AiProtection part if the problem is identical ?

How should you do to bring this bug to merlin developers ?

Yes the email account and password works, but the window is not displayed properly.

Do you have a screenshot of your window identical ?

Just reply with this same screenshot I guess. This one would not straighten out refreshing the page so it's actually the ONLY bug I've ever found, or you found......
slc

Attachments

• Merlin FW Overlay Error.jpg
    Merlin FW Overlay Error.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 178
Hello,

I have an asus RT-AX88U router with the latest firmware 384.16.

In the "AIProtection" preferences, the window is displayed incorrectly, the texts are shifted ... Is this normal ?

Another problem, when I click on delete events, it comes back after... is it a bug ?
This events are not permanently deleted...

thank you in advance for your help !

Best regards.

First picture:
I can confirm the same bug is still present in the newest stock 384.8118. This is problably a Asus or Trend bug, which Merlin can't do anything about since it's closed source... So therefore no point in complaining to him nor Asus, since they don't accept bug reports from people running Merlin...

Second picture:
The stats says 4 hits since 2019/10/23...
In my case I havent had a single registered hit since 384.13. I believe they say Aiprotection should work, but I have not had any registered hits for months. Also Asus/Trend bug which Merlin can't do anything about...

But since your Aiprotection stats says since 2019/10/23, I have to ask, and I know this is the most hated advise of all...

Did you do a factory reset with the initialize box ticked and manually configured your router from scratch and NOT read in some old backup?

If you had I can't really understand how your Aiprotection stats would be possible unless there are a new bug breaking the factory reset function present...

Last edited:
Just reply with this same screenshot I guess. This one would not straighten out refreshing the page so it's actually the ONLY bug I've ever found, or you found......
slc

Exact, it is impossible to rafresh this window so the bug is still present.

First picture:
I can confirm the same bug is still present in the newest stock 384.8118. This is problably a Asus or Trend bug, which Merlin can't do anything about since it's closed source... So therefore no point in complaining to him nor Asus, since they don't accept bug reports from people running Merlin...

Second picture:
The stats says 4 hits since 2019/10/23...
In my case I havent had a single registered hit since 384.13. I believe they say Aiprotection should work, but I have not had any registered hits for months. Also Asus/Trend bug which Merlin can't do anything about...

But since your Aiprotection stats says since 2019/10/23, I have to ask, and I know this is the most hated advise of all...

Did you do a factory reset with the initialize box ticked and manually configured your router from scratch and NOT read in some old backup?

If you had I can't really understand how your Aiprotection stats would be possible unless there are a new bug breaking the factory reset function present...

First picture :

Thank you for that answer. So there is no solution to solve this problem ? Even by contacting Trend ?

Second picture:

I did not try to do a factory reset but I did not want just for that.
I just did a try again, during a blocking of frodulous site if I click on delete the events, it comes back after, strange ... They are not deleted the first time

the icons have changed since firmware 384.14, so there must be a bug with the new icons in the baskets, deletion events on version 384.16 ....

Old firmware 384.14, old icons :

deleting events does not work. I always have the events present after :

First picture:

You could install stock fw and report it to Asus... Even though it seems very cumbersome. But the only way they ever will fix anything is if people do report the bugs to them...

So even though I'm a hardcore Merlin fan, I usually do a testrun of new stock firmwares and report all the Asus/Trend bugs to Asus hoping that they will fix it in the next release. Since this in the long run also will give Merlin a better next startingpoint.

Second Picture:

As I said I havent had a Aiprotection stats hit in months. Now I'm in the prosess of testing the latest stock 384.8118 and not a single hit so far after 11 days. Which make me quite sure Asus still haven't fixed the Aiprotection bugs which been present for a long time now. This also means it won't be fixed in Merlin's fw for even longer, due to the delay in GPL releases from Asus.

Last edited:
First picture:

You could install stock fw and report it to Asus... Even though it seems very cumbersome. But the only way they ever will fix anything is if people do report the bugs to them...

So even though I'm a hardcore Merlin fan, I usually do a testrun of new stock firmwares and report all the Asus/Trend bugs to Asus hoping that they will fix it in the next release. Since this in the long run also will give Merlin a better next startingpoint.

Second Picture:

As I said I havent had a Aiprotection stats hit in months. Now I'm in the prosess of testing the latest stock 384.8118 and not a single hit so far after 11 days. Which make me quite sure Asus still haven't fixed the Aiprotection bugs which been present for a long time now. This also means it won't be fixed in Merlin's fw for even longer, due to the delay in GPL releases from Asus.
Didn't catch that.... good catch.
Whether it's necessary or not, I've never had issues with Merlin & I chalk it up to:
Everytime Asus does a update release, I factory reset, load that, factory reset then load Merlin again & factory reset again. May seem cumbersome but code gets changed & each release of Merlin's has to start off of their's. Code can get "loopy" at best....

Didn't catch that.... good catch.
Whether it's necessary or not, I've never had issues with Merlin & I chalk it up to:
Everytime Asus does a update release, I factory reset, load that, factory reset then load Merlin again & factory reset again. May seem cumbersome but code gets changed & each release of Merlin's has to start off of their's. Code can get "loopy" at best....

Thank you both for your help.

I just did the reset but the Trend window is shifted.

After the reset, I don't know whether to activate these three parameters for the best performance :

Activer IGMP Snooping : On or OFF
Airtime Fairness : On or OFF ?
Intervalle DTIM : What Value ?

the smart connect option is also bizzare, is that normal ?

before the reset the parameters was like this, I don't understand yet I hadn't changed anything :

Thank you both for your help.

I just did the reset but the Trend window is shifted.

After the reset, I don't know whether to activate these three parameters for the best performance :

Activer IGMP Snooping : On or OFF
Airtime Fairness : On or OFF ?
Intervalle DTIM : What Value ?

the smart connect option is also bizzare, is that normal ?

before the reset the parameters was like this, I don't understand yet I hadn't changed anything :

IGMP Snooping = enabled

DTIM = 1

Airtime Fairness... I leave mine off. Unless you have other, quite a few people trying to do their internet stuff... & even then. My 2.4ghz is primarily dedicated to security like ALARM SYSTEM/CAMS/ETC... So 5ghz is split between me & my better 1/2.

IGMP Snooping = enabled

DTIM = 1

Airtime Fairness... I leave mine off. Unless you have other, quite a few people trying to do their internet stuff... & even then. My 2.4ghz is primarily dedicated to security like ALARM SYSTEM/CAMS/ETC... So 5ghz is split between me & my better 1/2.

thank you very much for this answer, it helps me a lot.

Another question, when you install a new merlin firmware, you make each time a reset "Initialize your parameters and clear all the data logs for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer and Web History." is that correct?

a WPS reset is not enough ?