What's new

Problem logging back in after logging out of RT-AC66U B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

philetus

New Around Here
What are the special characters that can be used in the login password on a RT-AC66U B1? I saw on a site that _ & - could be used but when
but when I do the login says my password is wrong. When I take them out, I can log in fine.

What are the special characters that can be used in the login password on a RT-AC66U B1? I saw on a site that _ & - could be used but when
but when I do the login says my password is wrong. When I take them out, I can log in fine.

Using the FAQ Search in the router webUI finds this FAQ:

[Wireless Router] How to change ASUS Router login name and password? | Official Support | ASUS Global

"The standard input characters include letters(A-Z, a-z), digits(0-9). The hyphen ( - ) and under line ( _ ) characters may also be used but not as the first character."

Given the Login Captcha is enabled to block excessive login attempts, I use a simple, straight alpha-numeric password... and no WAN remote access.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!