What's new

YazFi problem reaching server on guest subnet from guest subnet via server's public IP or DNS name

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smroid

New Around Here
  1. I am running a web server and have set up port forwardings (WAN...Virtual Server / Port Forwarding) for 80 and 443.
  2. I have DDNS set up. The registered DNS name resolves to my ISP-assigned IP address.
  3. I am able to reach the web server from outside internet and also from the LAN, in both cases by using its DNS name.
  4. I used YazFi to create a guest subnet. One way to guest=yes, client isolation=no. Machines on guest subnet can reach the internet.
  5. The web server is on the guest subnet.
  6. From a machine on the guest subnet, I can reach the web server at its subnet IP address.
  7. From a machine on the guest subnet, the server's DNS name resolves to my ISP-assigned IP address.
  8. From a machine on the guest subnet, I CANNOT reach the web server using its DNS name nor my ISP-assigned IP address: Connection timed out.
Can you suggest steps I can take to debug this?

Thanks,
-Steve

1. I am running a web server and have set up port forwardings (WAN...Virtual Server / Port Forwarding) for 80 and 443.
  2. I have DDNS set up. The registered DNS name resolves to my ISP-assigned IP address.
  3. I am able to reach the web server from outside internet and also from the LAN, in both cases by using its DNS name.
  4. I used YazFi to create a guest subnet. One way to guest=yes, client isolation=no. Machines on guest subnet can reach the internet.
  5. The web server is on the guest subnet.
  6. From a machine on the guest subnet, I can reach the web server at its subnet IP address.
  7. From a machine on the guest subnet, the server's DNS name resolves to my ISP-assigned IP address.
  8. From a machine on the guest subnet, I CANNOT reach the web server using its DNS name nor my ISP-assigned IP address: Connection timed out.
Can you suggest steps I can take to debug this?

Thanks,
-Steve
Are you able to reach the server via public IP from the main LAN subnet?

Yes, for point 3 it works both for the DNS name and also the IP (though in the latter case there are https cert warnings because there's no domain name).

Yes, for point 3 it works both for the DNS name and also the IP (though in the latter case there are https cert warnings because there's no domain name).
Can you send me a copy of the diagnostics from YazFi please, option d at command line menu?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!