What's new

Problem setting up AIMESH with AC68U and TM-AC1900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Larkin Barkin

New Around Here
Hi! Hoping someone can help me solve this puzzle. I have an ASUS RT-AC68U, with the latest firmware installed (3.0.0.4.385_10000 ). I also acquired a TM-AC1900, which I successfully re-flashed into the same (latest) firmware as my AC68U. The TM box seems to be doing great, but...when I configured it as an AIMesh node, my AC68U (used as the AiMesh Root) cannot find it! I tried to reverse the roles - i.e., configure the TM box the AiMesh root, and the AC68U as a node, but they still failed to recognize each other. I tried flashing both with the latest Merlin firmware - same result! I was wondering if anyone here was up against a similar issue... Either there's some hardware quirk with the TM version of the router... a specific older firmware version, or perhaps there's some obscure setting that I don't know... I am pretty good with networking/IT in general, but I'm about to give up on this project. Any help would be much appreciated :).

Sorry, not allowed to talk about modified TM in this forum, read first sticky post in this subforum!

Hi! Hoping someone can help me solve this puzzle. I have an ASUS RT-AC68U, with the latest firmware installed (3.0.0.4.385_10000 ). I also acquired a TM-AC1900, which I successfully re-flashed into the same (latest) firmware as my AC68U. The TM box seems to be doing great, but...when I configured it as an AIMesh node, my AC68U (used as the AiMesh Root) cannot find it! I tried to reverse the roles - i.e., configure the TM box the AiMesh root, and the AC68U as a node, but they still failed to recognize each other. I tried flashing both with the latest Merlin firmware - same result! I was wondering if anyone here was up against a similar issue... Either there's some hardware quirk with the TM version of the router... a specific older firmware version, or perhaps there's some obscure setting that I don't know... I am pretty good with networking/IT in general, but I'm about to give up on this project. Any help would be much appreciated :).
All I wanna know is, did you factory reset each device after you flashed? GUI Factory reset on the AC68U,...then do a WPS (NVRAM reset) on the AC1900,..
Login to the AC68U and set up your network and internet,... then search for the AiMesh node; your AC1900 SSID will show up as ASUS (showing as ASUS lets you know the reset was successful...)
See if that helps

All I wanna know is, did you factory reset each device after you flashed? GUI Factory reset on the AC68U,...then do a WPS (NVRAM reset) on the AC1900,..
Login to the AC68U and set up your network and internet,... then search for the AiMesh node; your AC1900 SSID will show up as ASUS (showing as ASUS lets you know the reset was successful...)
See if that helps

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/snbforums-policy-on-asus-tm-ac1900-conversion-discussion.46018/

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...d-forks-on-non-asus-devices-is-illegal.44636/

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/the-tm-ac1900-is-not-supported.48056/