What's new

Problem setting up RT-AC66U B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

philetus

New Around Here
I have the router connected to a with a cable and the wifi is turned off. As soon as I connected to the router setup, the router started broadcasting it's name in available networks. Is this what it should do?
I shut it off, turned it back on and it isn't showing in there now.
I put in the network names and passwords,clicked apply, put in Router login name and password, clicked apply and it is not going to the next screen. Just has the rolling icon working.

I have the router connected to a with a cable and the wifi is turned off. As soon as I connected to the router setup, the router started broadcasting it's name in available networks. Is this what it should do?
I shut it off, turned it back on and it isn't showing in there now.
I put in the network names and passwords,clicked apply, put in Router login name and password, clicked apply and it is not going to the next screen. Just has the rolling icon working.

Yes, the router will broadcast default WLANs until you change them.

Once you change the router webUI login credentials, it will require you to login again using those new credentials. So, browse to router.asus.com or its default LAN IP (192.168.50.1), and login again and continue configuring the router.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!