What's new

Problem setting up VPN client Rt-ac68u + PPPoE issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sounds to me like you have a tiger by tail w/ that solution. Dirty upgrades can lead to all kinds of problem in and of themselves. Esp. when you make that big a leap. New features like the VPN Director are likely to have issues given its a major change in how routing policy is handled, w/ significant changes to nvram variables, code execution, etc.

So while it's nice that things are working the way you want, I can't help but wonder how long the party is going to last before you discover other issues.

Anyway, if it's working for you, great!
Hi. I no longer use VPN on the router (I only have it on my PC and TV). If I have time, I'll go ahead and do the factory settings. So far, I only work on a dirty update. On the other Side , I don't think I'll figure out where the problem is if the problem reappears. Fortunately, I know how to go back. Just upload a backup that I will make before the factory settings ...