What's new

Problem with home network setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gantoz

New Around Here
I am planning to get some powerline adapter to replace wifi, since I have been getting poor signal. my router is located at the basement and there is no way of moving it to a different floor (unless i change ISP). however, my basement is unfurnished, so I only have a pair of power outlet. one is already occupy for my modem setup, and I have to use a power strip connected to the other wall outlet, with another power strip plugged to the first one.

I found this on home depot, and I was wondering if this can increase the number of outlet I can use, so I can be a bit more flexible with my setup. I want to add a poweline adapter at the basement so I can allow my pc to use ethernet.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/360-Electrical-4-Outlet-Rotating-Adapter-36030-W/100665700

if not, is there anyway other than to find an electrician to install a few outlets or use another ISP (so i can move my modem and router to another location).

thanks in advance.

The device shown should not impact the powerline adapters. No cord to attenuate the signal or surge protection device to interfere.

Unfinished basement, sounds like you have an outlet inside a steel box mounted to the foundation, buy a bigger box and put two double outlets inside it so you end up with 4.
Will those outlets you are looking at rotate 360, looks like an interesting option for ac adapters which can block other outlets on a power strip, looks kind of neat.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!