What's new

Problem with internet connection after some minutes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sn4k3

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

ASUS AC66U
Firmware: 380.65_4
Internet ISP: Vodafone Fiber
Automatic IP from ONT

From yesterday to now my internet stop work after x minutes. And the only change i have done to router was set manual DNS to IPv6 section (No firmware update, no other change, before this always work well). After that i start to experience that problem with internet, so i tought it was from the setting so i revert to AUTO assign (Default). But for my surprise it keep happening, internet stop work after some minutes, less than 1 hour, i can say its about 30m to 40m but is not always at same time.
I have done a backup and have restore router to defaults and just config the internet, nothing more. Same happen...
I tryed to reset all equipments, same happen.

Router internet status says Connected and have IP but if i try to ping it fails.
Wifi and eth have same behaviour. If i shutdown all connected devices to router and turn on after 1h they will not have internet connection. So the problem may be within router?

The only thing that fix the problem is reboot router OR turn off and on internet connection, OR change other easy setting like DHCP query frequency, if i change from Aggressive to Normal OR vice versa the equipement instantly get connection again to the internet. So what i notice so far is WAN need to refresh or something like that? My WAN Lease Time is 1h

Can i write a script to auto change DHCP Query Frenquency every 20m and keep looping?

EDIT 1: I can ping WAN IP but not GATEWAY IP when this happen
EDIT 2: I don't need to change any setting on WAN tab to get internet again, just click Apply without change anything works too

Anyone have this inssue before?

dKC3uQt.png

DswMG7U.png

Regards

Last edited:
When internet stop work here the screenshots:

bfdkhaW.png

ZbDO7PT.png

What chrome says: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

I am having excatly the same problem here.
Did you found a solution?

No, but i found the cause...
My IPS (VODAFONE) changed the rules and now only allow one public IP per contract.
So before this update we can use a router to manage internet and pass internet to ISP Router to keep IPTV and Telephone.
Now there is a way to solve it, which is remove Internet capability from IPS router using telnet and root access to keep only TV and phone, still it require change many things.
The bad side is for most people will have to downgrade to the ips router only, which is pure crap.
We have 200/100mb internet, tv, phone (35 eur month) and thier router only can handle 50mb wifi and one gigabit eth, its a joke for customers

This ISP updates are always bad :(

No, but i found the cause...
My IPS (VODAFONE) changed the rules and now only allow one public IP per contract.
So before this update we can use a router to manage internet and pass internet to ISP Router to keep IPTV and Telephone.
Now there is a way to solve it, which is remove Internet capability from IPS router using telnet and root access to keep only TV and phone, still it require change many things.
The bad side is for most people will have to downgrade to the ips router only, which is pure crap.
We have 200/100mb internet, tv, phone (35 eur month) and thier router only can handle 50mb wifi and one gigabit eth, its a joke for customers

This ISP updates are always bad :(

Do you have instructions on how to disable the Internet on the TG784n V3, and just keep the phone line working?
When this happens I can Start the connection with "service restart_wan" through ssh or telnet, I could write a script, but restarting the service if no connection is found takes a bit of time :/

Do you have instructions on how to disable the Internet on the TG784n V3, and just keep the phone line working?
When this happens I can Start the connection with "service restart_wan" through ssh or telnet, I could write a script, but restarting the service if no connection is found takes a bit of time :/

You have an ONT or DSL connection?
Where you from?

About script i have done one too

Code:
@echo off
SET DIR=%~dp0%
echo Script by Tiago Conceição
echo ASUS WAN RESTART

SET IP=192.168.2.254
SET USERNAME=admin
SET PASSWORD=""

plink.exe -ssh %USERNAME%@%IP% -pw %PASSWORD% "service restart_wan"

In my case the reconnection takes 1s to 2s

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!