Problem with Merlin firmware Asus RT-AX56U // No web interface

  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

vinsyl

New Around Here
Dear all,
I'm new in Merlin's world as I got my router ASUS RT-AX56U one week ago.
I just flashed it with the last firmware available for this model (RT-AX56U_384.18_0_cferom_pureubi.w) and I have a problem with the web interface as you can see below.
I tried to reset the router and just after I was able to run the "quick start" but after that when I would like to do something on the web interface I have no navigation menu on the left and I can't scroll up or down.
I'm on a Mac. I tried with Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox but same issue.
I tried to connect via telnet to maybe change the language from French to English but no chance as I get the error message "Unable to connect to remote host".
And as I can't access to the web interface or to be exact I can't navigate in the menu, I can't change the authorization for telnet.
So I don't know what I can do. Please help :-(. Thank you very much in advance.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-12 à 00.03.52.png
 

Attachments

QuikSilver

Very Senior Member
Dear all,
I'm new in Merlin's world as I got my router ASUS RT-AX56U one week ago.
I just flashed it with the last firmware available for this model (RT-AX56U_384.18_0_cferom_pureubi.w) and I have a problem with the web interface as you can see below.
I tried to reset the router and just after I was able to run the "quick start" but after that when I would like to do something on the web interface I have no navigation menu on the left and I can't scroll up or down.
I'm on a Mac. I tried with Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox but same issue.
I tried to connect via telnet to maybe change the language from French to English but no chance as I get the error message "Unable to connect to remote host".
And as I can't access to the web interface or to be exact I can't navigate in the menu, I can't change the authorization for telnet.
So I don't know what I can do. Please help :-(. Thank you very much in advance.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-12 à 00.03.52.png
Do the core graphs within the processor section move up and down (left to right) while viewing it or is it a static image? If static it makes me think that it is a cached page and therefore your router not actually being accessed. What IP did you set it up as? Do you see any browser errors? You may need to reset it and start over from the beginning.
 

vinsyl

New Around Here
Do the core graphs within the processor section move up and down (left to right) while viewing it or is it a static image? If static it makes me think that it is a cached page and therefore your router not actually being accessed. What IP did you set it up as? Do you see any browser errors? You may need to reset it and start over from the beginning.
Hello,
Yes the graphs are moving and I can click to see the list of all objects connected and also this page is not complete (I can see only the middle part of it). About the IP address I didn't make a choice, it was automatically chosen (192.168.50.X).
In Safari after activated the Javascript console, I have the following error:
Capture d’écran 2020-10-12 à 08.48.13.png

I can try again to do a reset but I'm not very confident.
Do you know the direct link to maybe flash again the firmware?
Maybe I can try to enter this direct address and to try to flash it again.
Thank you for your help.
Sylvain.
 

Zemmora

New Around Here
Hello,

I had the same problem. you just have to change the language and normally everything is back to normal.


If you can't access the change of language, just go to the navigation bar and enter: router.asus.com/Advanced_System_Content.asp and change it.
 

vinsyl

New Around Here
Hello,

I had the same problem. you just have to change the language and normally everything is back to normal.


If you can't access the change of language, just go to the navigation bar and enter: router.asus.com/Advanced_System_Content.asp and change it.
Yes you have the solution, it's working now :) .
I found another solution also which was to use the firmware rescue mode.
Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day
 

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Known issue, there is a syntax error in the French dict file.
 

Similar threads

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top