What's new

Problem with my external HDD (3TB)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LikeMike

New Around Here
Hello,

I connected a second hard drive to the router (via USB). Now i have two USB Hard Drives connected.

The first one is a 2TB WD HDD EXT3 formated. The second is a Toshiba 3TB NTFS formated HDD.

I have formated the toshiba hard drive to EXT3, too. But after that the router does no longer detect the hard drive (the router shows me, that the hard drive is not included).

If I format the drive as NTFS, the HDD is included. The DLNA shows up, that it scans the HDD, but he can't find all my music files. He scanned the whole night and still show me he is scanning.. but nothing happen anymore.

Why does the router detect the hard drive as NTFS? With EXT3 he doesn't. Why he can not find all files with NTFS? :(

My English is not the best. But I hope you can understand me.

EDIT: I'm using the merlin build 3.0.0.4.270.26b.

Last edited:
I don't know your exact problems, but I ordered a new HD a couple of days ago and I was about to get a 3 Tb drive until I read about the many problems with drives larger than 2.2 TB. So I just bought a 2 TB drive to avoid problems.

You problem might not be related to this, but it might be worth looking into.

I read about that EXT3 formated HDD would be better. But my N66U will not detect the 3TB HDD.

If i format the 3TB HDD as NTFS, the router detect the HDD successfully. I can access on it over the file manager. Also copy and paste files on it without problems.

So I copied all my music on it and started DLNA --> Scan started. After half of all the files he has not gone on. The state was still on "Scanning", but nothing happened anymore.

I don't know why. I hope I could describe the problem better.