What's new

Problem with Peplink 30 + DSL + HomeFusion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

igxqrrl

New Around Here
Hi,

For the last 10 years I have had 1Mbps DSL. Today I got HomeFusion LTE installed, and I am planning to keep both DSL and HomeFusion.

I bought a Peplink 30 to handle both WANs. I have run ethernet from the HomeFusion router to the Peplink WAN1 port, and from the DSL modem to the Peplink WAN2 port.

Via wired connection to the Peplink, I can connect to the internet through the DSL modem but not through the HomeFusion router. The WAN1 (HomeFusion) configuration is set to DHCP.

I assume the problem is that the IP ranges are overlapping. I.e. the HomeFusion router IP is 192.168.1.1, and the WAN1 address is 192.168.1.17. The Peplink router IP is 192.168.1.1, and the LAN address that it's assigning me is 192.168.1.10.

What's the best way to resolve this? The DSL modem is just passing the Peplink's DHCP router through, and it's grabbing an IP address from my ISP. The HomeFusion router does have an option for 'DHCP Relay'.. It's not clear to me if that's what I need though?

If I could, I'd just use a cheapo modem. The HomeFusion router is much fancier than I need, and it's not clear if I can dumb it down to simply be a modem.

Thanks for any suggestions!