What's new

Problem with USB disk after reboot from Web GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nedyalko

New Around Here
Hi,

I have ASUS AC68U hwE, with Merlin 384.14. I noticed that when I reboot the rooter wrom the Web Gui or after a scheduled reboot the attached usb SSD disk (usb 3.0) does not auto mount. If I reboot the rooter with plug out and plug in the power everything is OK. Do you know what might be the reason and how can I fix it ?
upload_2019-12-22_16-16-15.png

Now I am fixing the problem when manually plug out and plug in again the usb device. Can I do it with a command?

Thank you in advance,
Nedyalko

Hi Guys,

I think I found solution.

If I press Safely Remove disk from Webgui before reboot, it works after the reboot.

upload_2019-12-25_21-28-17.png

Do you know what is the command behind this button? I want to make a script, which to execute before the reboot.

I prefer to have faster speed with usb 3.0

In my experience this mounting automatically on reboot issue is device USB controller related. I have three external USB3.0 enclosures and two mount properly every time, one does what you describe above. All mount properly with USB2.0 mode selected. Same thing happens with different make/model USB sticks. I'm sure some of the forum script wizards can help you with the script, but I'm not sure how reliable it will be as a long term solution.