1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Problem with VPN IP leak, Firewall script

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Panhan, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Panhan

Panhan New Around Here

Hello
    I have a problem with VPN settings . Here is my previous topic https://www.snbforums.com/threads/openvpn-configuration-ip-leak.50334/

I used the way with jffs firewall script, to block wan . And it seemed to me that everything was ok, but lately i had power outage, so the router and computers have turned off. But when power come back, I immediately connected to the router and found that the computer connected to internet via wan, without vpn for like few seconds, and then go via vpn.

In /jffs/scripts/ i opened file firewall-start and paste there exactly this:

Code:
    iptables -D FORWARD -i br0  -s 192.168.1.6,192.168.1.33,192.168.1.16 -o $(nvram get wan0_ifname) -j DROP

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0  -s 192.168.1.6,192.168.1.33,192.168.1.16 -o $(nvram get wan0_ifname) -j DROP

Why did this happen? Maybe I have set up something wrong?

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Why did you create a separate thread for this rather than continuing the previous one?

If your firewall-start script contains only those lines then it won't have been running at all. The first line of the script needs to be:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    The file also needs to be executable and in Unix format, not DOS/Windows.

Why is this a problem? It takes 30 seconds or so for all the different components of the router to initialise, so this doesn't sound surprising.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019