What's new

Problem with WLAN connections in ASUS RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dammit

New Around Here
Hey, new here but this forums seems the be the right place to find help to my problem. I'm having a strange problem with the asus rt-ac68u router. Everything on wired works fine but on WLAN the connection barely works at all. Signal strength varies even if the testing machine is right next to the router. Download speed is about 1% from my normal speed. Upload works fine with full speed. Also mobilephones on wlan work just fine, the problem seems to only aply to desktops and laptops.

So I've tested different machines with various wlan adapters (pci-e/usb/etc), different OS (Win 10, Win 7). All the options in the router seem fine. Also this problem started some time ago just out of the blue, no firmware updates or anything done when it started. Now I just updated the router to the newest offical firmware(no merlin, which I had no prior knowledge but seems to be worth a try =) ).

There is bare bones (pretty much nothing) QoS ON, but I tried with QoS off, and that didnt help. So anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas, I'm thinking broken hardware now as its kinda seems the only options but suggestions are welcome.

Would you try to make your channel fixed? And please scan channels interference on your environment.
Run your speedtest on your WLAN device, and check router's wireless log.
system log -> wireless log -> check your device's TX and RX here

make sure your data rate is good.

Thanks,
Vanic