What's new

Problems and a request regarding DDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bob.Dig

Regular Contributor
Lately I have problems with open-vpn, I can't connect to the VPN Server on my RT-AC56U...

Also I have still problems with the DDNS Service, because of double or carrier grade NAT. I tried to install a custom script but as a noob it was really hard. At one time I thought i had done it, but later it didn't wok so I deleted everything. Then I found out that dyndns.org had problems, so maybe I had done it correctly? Anyway, it seems more and more people have this NAT-problem, so please implement it direct in the Firmware, to have an external IP-check.
:(

Also I have still problems with the DDNS Service, because of double or carrier grade NAT.

That is also the source of your OpenVPN problem. So having a way for the DDNS to retrieve the real public IP won't solve your OpenVPN issue.

Nope, I can open ports on the router with no problems, if you meant this. And they are accessible. Til now this kind of NAT hurts only my ability to use the DDNS Service on my Router, that's all.

Yes, sorry.

added a pic wich shows that ports can be open:

Last edited:
You'r right. So I changed one option (eneabled Respond to DNS, don't know why I need this, because I just connect to one Ip Address in my LAN) and it worked again! I had two servers running, the second always had this enabled, but also didn't worked. Maybe this was, because the first one didn't and screwed everything up.

So my request regarding DDNS is still valid.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!