What's new

Problems LACP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DAVIZINHO

Regular Contributor
Hello, im ussing a asus rt-ac88u (v384.18) and I configured LACP with a synology nas.
One month ago, since 2 versions aprox , the synology lost the conection and i must reboot the router or "unplug and plug" on of the rj cable.
Then after a hours or days, the problem apears again :-(

I dont know if the problem is with asus firmware or synology nas.
I do the next things:

- Clean install of firmware 384.18 in the router. with a vram erase. and a clean setup ==> Problem persist
- Open a ticket support with synology and they are trying to find the problem. but they solution are "change the bond to SLB", I think this is not a solution :-(

Someone more have problems with LACP in the last builds?
How can i verify if the problem is the nas or de router?

thanks al ot!

I'm using AC88U with a QNAP NAS with 802.3ad (LACP) and no issue at all.
Maybe checking with Synology if there's a firm issue on their side?

im talking with synology in a "support ticket" but, one month later their solution is "use SLB, because you may have a problem in the router side".
I think the problem is on the synology side but, i wat to know if someone have problems with LACP with this firmware version, or exist a know problem

From Asus setup instructions: Config LACP as Layer 2 (xmit policy). RT-AC88U doesn't support Layer 2+3 or Layer 3+4.

From Asus setup instructions: Config LACP as Layer 2 (xmit policy). RT-AC88U doesn't support Layer 2+3 or Layer 3+4.
Oh, that's right. I forgot to mention that.

@DAVIZINHO

I use QNAP NAS with Layer 2 (MAC) which is the only way ASUS it supports it.
I would check on the NAS side which setting is trying to use.

So far from the help offered on Synology it doesn't mention where to check and change that specific. So you'll have to contact them again

Does this link help?

Sorry, i dont understand what means layer 2 vs layer 3 but i will search information and try to undestand this concept.

In the synology you dont select any "layer" you only create a bond with LACP compatibility (802.3ad) or a SLB without LACP compatibility. No more options are available.

anyway this config works perfecxt since some years ago (min 2 years with this router, and 1 year with this synology). Only apears the erros since 1 month ago.
Because this i make the question about if anyone have problems with last firmware version.
Its not a configuration problem, im sure!
its a problem in nas or router :-(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!