What's new

Problems unbound reverse proxy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

QWERTY

New Around Here
Hello,
I am new to AMTM and am facing a problem that I do not understand and cannot solve.

Merlin: Current Version : 3004.388.5
amtm 4.2 FW
Diversion 5.0
Unbound 3.23

The "simple" installation of Unbound runs without errors.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-14 um 10.15.41.png

The external traffic is also resolved without problems and the cache works as desired.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-14 um 08.34.06.png

What no longer works, however, is the reverse proxy for internal, lan-only requests. Background: A Vaultwarden is running on a Synology (.49) , which should and is only accessible in the internal network.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-14 um 08.33.04.png

After a long search, I was able to identify Unbound as the cause of the reverse proxy error. As soon as I deactivate Unbound, the internal reverse proxy resolution works as desired again.

woU.jpg

Perhaps, a little naively, I thought I could exclude the internal domain address in unbound. But I haven't found anything on how to do that.

Probably that was the wrong way, but I don't know what to do right now, but I would like to use undbound; and understand where the error lies.

Support is very welcome! Thank you!

I can't see anything in your post to suggest you are running a reverse proxy. What you seem to be talking about is local name resolution.