What's new

Problems with Parental Controls

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paul Wanless

New Around Here
All please help.

Running the very latest version of merlin software on ac88u and over the weekend I set up a lot of parental control rules using Ai protection. Since then I've had two ir three unexplained incidents involving my sons android phone, a smart TV and an xbix. Seems that the controls kick in well enough and block access but well scheduling should release the clients it doesn't seem to let go.

In these situations the router dash doesn't show the little red blocked circle icon just a blue timer item Icon which I think is right i.e. its a client which has scheduling rules but those rules arnt enforced at the moment and so it all looks right but the client just cannot access the net.

Sometimes the clients in these situations suggest that authentication is required before you can access and this takes you thr

Sometimes the clients in these situations suggest that authentication is required before you can access and this takes you thr
We seem to be missing the last part of your message.

If a device is blocked from accessing the internet it might stop trying after a certain period of time. So even though the router has enabled internet access again the device in question might not be aware of that. If you reboot the phone/TV/Xbox does internet access start working again?

Thanks Colin, that worked initially on some devices but even that's stopped now
We seem to be missing the last part of your message.

If a device is blocked from accessing the internet it might stop trying after a certain period of time. So even though the router has enabled internet access again the device in question might not be aware of that. If you reboot the phone/TV/Xbox does internet access start working again?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!