What's new

Problems with rtn66u as a repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DemonButter

New Around Here
Hi everyone first time poster here. Not great at this kinda stuff but a fast learner looking for some advice :)

I have 2 ASUS RT-N66U wireless routers both hw ver. B1. I've flashed the merlin build that was uploaded on 2014-05-09 on both routers. The router I'm using as an AP works great. I've had no issues what's so ever with it. The router I'm using as the repeater is the issue. I went tru the setup and made it keep the AP routers settings so there's not 4 SSIDs around. But after about 10 mins the repeater just stops working. I can't connect wirelessly or Telnet/PuTTY into the lan ports.

I can't really move the AP router or run a bunch of cables anywhere. I know repeater mode you only get half the speed and bandwidth but that's not really a problem. I just need to extend the network just enough for my father inlaw. He's too hard head to move from his chair so I'm trying to get him a better connection. All he uses the Web for is facebook :)

Has anyone gotten the repeater mode to work properly. Am I missing something important? I'm currently at work but around 2pm est I can get back to work on it. Thanks for having a look at my problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!