What's new

PS3 Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rcommander

New Around Here
Per Merlin, posting it here for help:

Issue: I cannot pull Far Cry 3 1.03 update, gives network error, done all basic troubleshooting with Sony and Ubisoft, seems network issue. I have PS3 assigned to the DMZ still there is some kind of port conflict that will cause the update to not come through.

Everything thing else on the ps3 works just fine. i know it doesn't make a difference but i have ports 1:30000 range forwarded to the ps3, even tried turning the firewall off, this update has been killing me.

Line tests came back clean from ISP. Even in DMZ NAT type is type 2 instead of open. cut all other devices from router to prevent conflict, but still no help.

I put merlin's beta 24 on my ac66 and the update pulls in at 2kbps, but still not full speed. all my other games pull it at 256KBps or higher.

i am so lost...

PS3 just needs UPNP enabled and it will open the ports it needed. Is there a reason you put it in DMZ?

PS3 just needs UPNP enabled and it will open the ports it needed. Is there a reason you put it in DMZ?

yes i can't figure out why this update won't pull. and gives the error code for network problem. when there isn't one. yes UPnP is enabled.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!