What's new

PSN thread for those who game. Can we put a proxy in merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Debu

Occasional Visitor
It would be nice to have support for a proxy server and let the router force all devices to use a custom proxy server such as privoxy hosted on a raspberry PI, would help with adblocking, since im too lazy to run a proxy from the router it self via a script, i like my raspi-pi trying to put it to full use. But you can do it you need entware or optiware, look up ab soloution, the gentlman who created that script would have the knowlidge on how to set up what your asking for.

It would be nice to have support for a proxy server and let the router force all devices to use a custom proxy server such as privoxy hosted on a raspberry PI, would help with adblocking, since im too lazy to run a proxy from the router it self via a script, i like my raspi-pi trying to put it to full use. But you can do it you need entware or optiware, look up ab soloution, the gentlman who created that script would have the knowlidge on how to set up what your asking for.
I'm not the one to contact, but thanks anyway for mentioning AB-Solution.
AB does not use a proxy to do the ad-blocking.

But proxy servers are readily available in the Entware (preferred) or maybe even the old, dated Optware repository.
What the OP wants is absolutely doable, no doubt. But since I lack expertise in the proxy field, I cannot be of assistance here.

I'm not the one to contact, but thanks anyway for mentioning AB-Solution.
AB does not use a proxy to do the ad-blocking.

But proxy servers are readily available in the Entware (preferred) or maybe even the old, dated Optware repository.
What the OP wants is absolutely doable, no doubt. But since I lack expertise in the proxy field, I cannot be of assistance here.

I just setup AB-Solution last week! I think I'm on about 7000 ads blocked. That is crazy considering it is just browsing. What is nice is I have an older core2duo that I use and it is way faster due to the ads not coming through.

Why not just install optware and then you have choice of proxies you can install such as squid or tinyproxy?

OK, installed Entware. Installed Polipo (spelling, not in front of my router now)
It was running fine for one night, then the process disappeared. Not sure why. Trying to find a log file.

Tinyproxy seems to need a swap file system. I'm not sure. It would say it starts, but it never was listed as a process.

OK, so I did some reading.
I think I turned off disk cache now. I'll reboot and run it and see what happens.

Code:
# Uncomment this if you want to disable the on-disk cache:

diskCacheRoot = ""

OK, its been about 24 hrs and the process seems to be running. I'll update again later this week to see if that is indeed the the issue.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!