What's new

[RELEASE] PWRMON v1.2.9 -Feb 7, 2024- Monitor your Tesla Powerwall(s) - Solar - Grid - Home Stats! (New: Weather! SMS/Email Notifications!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raising a nice glass of red wine to Hurricane Idalia... thanks for no (major) damage and moving along... Been running on Powerwalls for 12+ hours. Thanks to solar + batteries, life has been bearable with AC, lights, and enough to get internet to work.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 183527a.png

Raising a nice glass of red wine to Hurricane Idalia... thanks for no (major) damage and moving along... Been running on Powerwalls for 12+ hours. Thanks to solar + batteries, life has been bearable with AC, lights, and enough to get internet to work.

View attachment 52762
Be safe, brother!

This is the same reason that I installed 10K Generac (natural gas) this past spring in Upstate NY -- not whole house, but enough to guarantee heat in winter as well as most of creature comforts.

BTW... PWRMON has been the only way I've been able to interact with my powerwalls, and determine what levels they were at, since it makes a local connection to its internal webserver. Internet is pretty much completely down right now for us, making the Tesla app completely unusable, and not able to tell what the powerwalls are doing. THANK GOODNESS FOR PWRMON! LOL! :)

Be safe, brother!

This is the same reason that I installed 10K Generac (natural gas) this past spring in Upstate NY -- not whole house, but enough to guarantee heat in winter as well as most of creature comforts.

I just counted... just this last month, we've lost power 8 times... once for 8+ hours. I'm so glad I invested in solar + batteries. It's the only way to survive! Good for you, that you invested in an alternate energy source as well. I'm sure it would suck to be freezing your b*lls off in winter! Not a problem in the Florida region! LOL

I just counted... just this last month, we've lost power 8 times... once for 8+ hours. I'm so glad I invested in solar + batteries. It's the only way to survive! Good for you, that you invested in an alternate energy source as well. I'm sure it would suck to be freezing your b*lls off in winter! Not a problem in the Florida region! LOL
I can take freezing my b*lls off in subzero temps, but frozen pipes would be entirely something else...

I can take freezing my b*lls off in subzero temps, but frozen pipes would be entirely something else...
I could see why that could be a problem! LOL!

Made some small modifications to the notifications... just makes them more clear and know what's going on at first glance after receiving one via email or text.

What's new?
v1.27 - (August 31, 2023)
- MINOR:
Changed some of the notification wording that PWRMON uses when notifying you of a powerwall event via email and text, to make it more obvious what kind of event you're dealing with when you first glance at the notification. Having gone through Hurricane Idalia just recently made me realize that these notifications needed fixing.

Download link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/PWRMON/master/pwrmon-1.27.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/pwrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/pwrmon.sh"

I might still be the only one using this script... but if anyone else is, please give me an indication! :) Some small mods and complying with new versioning standards!

What's new?
v1.2.9 - (February 7, 2024)
- PATCH:
Changed the versioning logic to align with the general accepted way of versioning, using the notation: major.minor.patch ... finally, right? After seeing @thelonelycoder changing his ways, I figured it was probably time for me as well. All my scripts moving forward will go this route. Change log wording is now changed to conform to the major/minor/patch standards. So previously, FIXED now conforms to PATCH, ADDED conforms to MINOR, and MAJOR stays the same!
- PATCH: Changed some logic to restart the script if it has trouble connecting to the Powerwall Gateway, or if certain values come back as null, indicating that it's having trouble connecting to the API. Inserted some timers in certain places to give an indication that the script is waiting for services to be restored before trying again.

Download link (or update directly within PWRMON):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/PWRMON/master/pwrmon-1.2.9.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/pwrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/pwrmon.sh"

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!