What's new

QNAP answering on ALL IP's on subnet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eagle470

Occasional Visitor
Currently I am unable to actually USE my QNAP, because all I can do is admin it. I had to unplug the management NIC to get it to stop answering on every IP address on the network.

The web portal was even answering on the routers IP address. I'm not sure what cause or how to fix this. Please help.

Definitely not the nas guy here but I do have a Qnap TS431 and I have received 2 firmware updates in the past month which is unusual . It's possible that a recent firmware update had some issues that may have been fixed in the latest update. I never experienced any problems but that doesn't mean that others haven't. If you can log in to the NAS and check for firmware updates that may fix your issue. If not the only other option I know would be the reset option and hope you have your files backed up.

Currently I am unable to actually USE my QNAP, because all I can do is admin it. I had to unplug the management NIC to get it to stop answering on every IP address on the network.

The web portal was even answering on the routers IP address. I'm not sure what cause or how to fix this. Please help.

In general - this is how all clients on a lan work for pinging, etc...

There's Win10 issues with SMB/CIFS for client access - but this is a Windows issue, not specifically a QNAP issue.