What's new

QNAP Firmware - July 2016 Maint Release for QTS 4.2.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Check for your devices...

4.2.1 build 20160705
QTS 4.2.1 Build 20160705

[New feature]

FTP

- Users can set a shared folder to be the root directory.

Web Server

- Virtual Host can set a shared folder (or subfolder) to be the root directory.

Backup Station

- RTRR can set the root directory for the remote destination folder.

[Bug Fixes]

- Fixed an issue where a PS3 would fail to play videos via DLNA Media server.
- Fixed an issue where an RTRR replication job would be terminated if the remote Windows SMB server contains over 15,000 folders and 150,000 files.
- Fixed an issue where the NAS would fail to authenticate Windows AD domain users via a RODC (Windows Server 2008 R2) and SAMBA.

sfx2000, you had me all excited but I don't see this available for download for any of the NAS products I support?

sfx2000, you had me all excited but I don't see this available for download for any of the NAS products I support?

Pretty focused release - which is reasonable, as it's a maint release only - just fixes for specific platforms...

Not as much as the June 2016 build...

Link?

QNAP seems to have gotten a bit more focused with their updates - which is more a burden on folks that support many NAS boxes...

In their App store, they do have that App - but that depends on all the NAS being on the same network - if spread out... doesn't work (yet, maybe as they grow their cloud with all the attendant risks and problems there).

That's why I pointed back to the primary DL site - and this is a minor release, so many might not need it...