What's new

QOS Asus Rt-Ax86U Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SixtyOne

New Around Here
Hello,
I'm new here in the community. I apologize in advance for the bad English. I use Google Translate.

I own an Asus RT-AX86U
My DSL line has a maximum speed of 50 mbit down and 5 mbit upload.

I set the Qos setting to adaptive Qos and prioritized games.

Unfortunately, I notice ping fluctuations on my PS5 when other devices are on the internet, e.g. B. when watching Netflix.

Have I made the settings wrong or is the Qos not working properly?
Many thanks for your help

Hello,
I'm new here in the community. I apologize in advance for the bad English. I use Google Translate.

I own an Asus RT-AX86U

Unfortunately, I notice ping fluctuations on my PS5 when other devices are on the internet, e.g. B. when watching Netflix.

Many have found that the QOS does not work sometimes or not at all. I believe there are reports of the QOS over WIFI not working on the AX86U. I have used the AX86U and currently use an AX86U Pro. I have used the adaptive QOS on both with automatic or manual settings. I feel it helps but as none in my household are gamers I have no input on increased ping time.

My recommendation is to try manual QOS settings at 95% of the measured upload and download settings.

Welcome to the forums @SixtyOne.

You have not told us what settings you are using to know if they are wrong or not.

Please provide details or better yet, screenshots of the QoS settings for us to look at.

@bbunge
[COLOR=var(--YLNNHc)]Thank you. I have tested it. It actually gets better, but the ping still increases by 10-30 ms depending on the load.

@L&LD

these are my qos settings

Screenshot_20240110_092529_Samsung Internet.jpg

[/COLOR]

Hello,

I own an Asus RT-AX86U

Hi SixtyOne.
I also have this RT-AX86U router. After having a similar wish in the past I googled to find answers on this forum and others. The answer was to put the Merlin firmware on the router and use CAKE QoS instead of adaptive QoS, which works much better than the standard QoS supplied by Asus default on the router. The Merlin site is here: https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

[COLOR=var(--YLNNHc)]Hello @Denigor777 ,

thank you for your help.
I have successfully installed Merlin and activated Cake Qos.
There are settings like wan packet overhead that I don't understand or don't know what exactly I should set
[/COLOR]
Screenshot_20240110_162039_Samsung Internet.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!