What's new

QoS broken with firmware 380.58 on ASUS RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flashdictionary

New Around Here
I have been using QoS successfully with the past several versions of the firmware. After upgrading to 380.58, the router CPU core is maxing out at 100%. At first I didn't know that the router CPU was maxed out, because after submitting my username/password to the web interface, the router would not deliver up the web pages. So I had to reboot the router, and disconnect all other devices. Then I could load the interface. All seemed normal. When adding the other network devices to the router, then the CPU starts to climb over time until it maxes out again. I learned that if I disable QoS on this firmware version than I do not experience an issue.

Is it a known issue that QoS has issues with the firmware version 380.58 on ASUS RT-AC66U? I wonder how the QoS rules are prioritized and if they are stepping on each other's toes?

Asus QoS screen.PNG

Asus QoS rules.PNG

Last edited: