What's new

QOS for intranet streaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brrndrbrg

New Around Here
Hi guys I'm trying to optimize streaming of video from my desktop computer to my television using QOS on the rt-n66u running the latest rmerlin firmware.

I don't really understand the settings, or if they apply to internal traffic or only traffic to and from the internet.

Is it as simple as defining the "Source IP" as the source of the media (e.g. my desktop)? Then I am unclear about what "Transferred" means.

If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Google searching for "QOS intranet" or "QOS streaming pc to television" etc., do not turn up much.

Thanks!

Intranet QoS is probably unneeded in your situation and perhaps not even easily achievable with your current router.

Though, you might look into WME/WMM manipulation, which is QoS exclusively pertaining to WiFi/WLAN data.

I have been researching QoS/traffic-shaping/traffic-policing and let me caution you; unless you completely understand your problem and how QoS can solve it, you will most likely only make your situation worse or, at best, achieve nothing but a placebo effect.

What problems are you experiencing with your current streaming setup?
Perhaps you probem can be solved without QoS.