What's new

QoS Gaming Class Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FliesWithWind

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm using DSL-AC68U with 386.01_2, with FlexQoS.

It seems there is an issue with Gaming class, where traffic is shown as 0 and appears to be categorised as Net Control Packets.
I'm seeing this while using Geforce NOW.

I'm not sure if this is a FlexQoS or a global issue so I'm posing it here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 15.19.25.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 15.19.25.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 15.19.11.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 15.19.11.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 141
Hi,

I'm using DSL-AC68U with 386.01_2, with FlexQoS.

It seems there is an issue with Gaming class, where traffic is shown as 0 and appears to be categorised as Net Control Packets.
I'm seeing this while using Geforce NOW.

I'm not sure if this is a FlexQoS or a global issue so I'm posing it here.
Does not appear to be a global issue. I do not have a lot of data going through Net Control Packets as expected. I don't have any traffic passing through Gaming.

FlexQoS_20120222.JPG

Does not appear to be a global issue. I do not have a lot of data going through Net Control Packets as expected. I don't have any traffic passing through Gaming.

Can you try to generate some Gaming traffic and see if it goes through as Gaming or Net Control Packets please?

I just spent a couple of minutes in a geforce nwo game on my laptop and I saw mostly "other" in the flexqos tab. Geforce now is even listed in the appdb thingy and I made sure to classify it as gaming there manually also.

Edit: This is while alt+tab'ing out of witcher2 on geforce:

1622562144951.png

Last edited:
I didn't check it for a while, but it's same for me now. Geforce NOW is classified as Others. Running 386.02_1-gnuton1.

It used to work as it should, I wonder if it's firmware issue...

I just spent a couple of minutes in a geforce nwo game on my laptop and I saw mostly "other" in the flexqos tab. Geforce now is even listed in the appdb thingy and I made sure to classify it as gaming there manually also.

Edit: This is while alt+tab'ing out of witcher2 on geforce:
If it shows up in Other, then it probably means that the Trend Micro engine couldn’t properly identify the traffic as GeForce Now.

There’s no need to setup AppDB rule for GeForce Now to be in Gaming, since that is the default class for GeForce Now.

There was a Trend Micro update over the weekend, so maybe they broke it. If you can determine the ip/port attributes of the tracked connections, you could make your own rule. Or use the Gaming rule.

hrm yeah I guess Tend Micro (or nvidia) have changed something. Not super high priority for me since a. I don't game a lot and b. my network isn't saturated all that often anyway so QoS is more of a plaything for me.
I noticed something similar in MS Teams today. Seems *some* traffic is recognized but if I go by bandwidth usage the actual video (and maybe audio) streams of a meeting seem to go unrecognized also.