What's new

QOS killing IPv6 Download Speed on 380.65_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BrainStormer

New Around Here
It appears it is applying the upload bandwidth to the download bandwidth for IPv6
IPv4 works correctly. I tested and found that changing the upload setting changed my
download speed tests..

It appears it is applying the upload bandwidth to the download bandwidth for IPv6
IPv4 works correctly. I tested and found that changing the upload setting changed my
download speed tests..
Am wondering what router you are using. And what are your predetermined maximum internet provider up and down speeds. And exactly what settings are you using on the QoS page. And how exactly are you testing IPv4 and then IPv6 speeds. And why are you doing QoS. Is your intent to control Buffer Bloat or are you interested in prioritizing certain users and/or programs?

Am wondering what router you are using. And what are your predetermined maximum internet provider up and down speeds. And exactly what settings are you using on the QoS page. And how exactly are you testing IPv4 and then IPv6 speeds. And why are you doing QoS. Is your intent to control Buffer Bloat or are you interested in prioritizing certain users and/or programs?
I have an RT-AC66U. My advertized comcast speeds are 6Mbps up, 70Mbps down so thats wat I set it at for experimentation.
I used http://speedtest.xfinity.com for the test as they now do IPv6/IPv4 separateley. I noticed IPv4 was at 70+ Mbit download,
but IPv6 maxed out at 6Mbit.. Then I changed the upload setting to 70 and IPv6 Matched the IPv4 Speed test on download.
so IPV4 was set correctly but IPv6 has a bug that uses the upload max value as the downloand max value.

I have an RT-AC66U. My advertized comcast speeds are 6Mbps up, 70Mbps down so thats wat I set it at for experimentation.
I used http://speedtest.xfinity.com for the test as they now do IPv6/IPv4 separateley. I noticed IPv4 was at 70+ Mbit download,
but IPv6 maxed out at 6Mbit.. Then I changed the upload setting to 70 and IPv6 Matched the IPv4 Speed test on download.
so IPV4 was set correctly but IPv6 has a bug that uses the upload max value as the downloand max value.
Still interested in knowing your exact QoS settings. There are several options.

I have the same issue with a RT-AC66U_B1 with QOS set to adaptive web browsing and manual up and down values.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

IIRC, I had this problem when the router (RT-AC56U) was setup as a VPN client; Disabling VPN in the router fixed the adaptive QOS downstream speed issue. Also recommend using adaptive QOS manual mode and setting the speeds as opposed to auto mode which sounds like you are already doing.

I was using ipv4 when the problem was triggered by VPN.

Traditional QOS. setting 6 up and 70 down.
Would also vote to use Adaptive QoS and manual speed settings. My own trials with traditional QoS and manual speed settings did not work well at all, RT-AC68u, version 65_4.