What's new

QOS-Location of Traffic Classification Data

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

Where is the traffic classification data saved? Even after resetting router to factory defaults and formatting the jfs partition I can still see data that seems very old. Is it saved somewhere in cloud and linked to your router somehow? Why do I see old data after resetting router? I can even see data from device no longer online.

You either did not do a full reset/Initialize or you did not format the JFFS partition.

It would help to know the router model and the firmware version you are using. :)

You either did not do a full reset/Initialize or you did not format the JFFS partition.

It would help to know the router model and the firmware version you are using. :)
RT-AC68U 384.16. I believe I did. I can do it again. What all will I lose if I just do a format JFFS partition as I'm pretty sure I did a full reset. What will happen if I just do 'format the JFFS partition' at next boot.

Last edited:
What features and services are you using on your router? Are you using any external scripts along with amtm + a swap file? Are you using an OpenVPN server and/or client?

All of these and possibly more would be affected. Either take a backup of the JFFS partition and the USB drive before you proceed.

Or, do as I do and format the JFFS partition (making sure to hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page and then rebooting the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes) and also format the USB drive on a PC before plugging it back into the router. This will ensure that the router is at defaults as far as the JFFS partition and the USB drive is concerned (if you use a USB drive, of course).

If by some chance, this doesn't resolve your issue, then you would need to do it all again after doing a full reset to factory defaults to the router too.

I believe it is easier to do a full reset and fully format both the JFFS and the USB drive from the start. :)

The following link may help with a full router reset too (as may also follow the link in my signature below for the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides too).

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax88-packet-loss.62891/#post-563326