What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

justinglock40

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

I'm in need of a little bit of assistance for best course. So I'm running AX86U with Latest Merlin. The issue I'm having is that I'm running a Plex server. That saturates both my download and upload because it's going to/from G Drive. I've tried using wondershaper and trickle on the server, but it's not very efficient at controlling the speeds. So I'm looking for a way to keep those server from completely saturating the line. As the full on congestion is causing packet loss when playin CoD Warzone on Xbox.

Is there anything in Merlin that can help with that? I've tried the Cake QOS and it removes the packet loss, but kills the bandwidth to where streaming begins to suffer. Adaptive QOS doesn't have an effect one way or the other with Gaming prioritized.

With Adaptive QoS are you sure you have your bandwidth set to 90 - 95% of the slowest speeds you see with speed tests?

With Adaptive QoS are you sure you have your bandwidth set to 90 - 95% of the slowest speeds you see with speed tests?
I had it set to automatic, but just changed it today and installed Flex so I can correctly classify my Xbox. It’s not registered as gaming?

I wouldn't classify the device, but the traffic. Some traffic may not be gaming.

Sounds like a job for Bandwidth Limiter type QOS.

Find it from the left side "Adaptive QOS" and then QOS Type.

Good luck,

Morris