What's new

Qos on Wan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bluechris

Occasional Visitor
I have a small network config problem.

I enabled qos and is working fine with limit 24/1 but my wan connection goes with ubnt unifi ap's to my other home that has the router/modem and some other devices including my nas. I am doing nat and thats why i get this line in wan port of the router in my main location and for a second reason to not mix the 2 lans.
The problem is that internet is fine but the lan2lan speeds are capped to qos settings.
With qos off i get 480mbit speed but with on i get 24/1.

Is there a way to set with some firewall rule or anything that the lan traffic to be free but the internet traffic to have the qos settings?
My 2 lans are
192.168.5.0/24 here where the asuswrt exists (ip: 192.168.5.1/24)
192.168.4.0/24 where is the internet ((ip: 192.168.4.1/24) and the Nas

If someone has a clue i will be thankfull.

Thx
Chris

Sent using tapatalk

Set the QOS on the outbound wan port that is connected to your modem
Thx for the suggestion but the real wan1 is on a wndr3700 with DDwrt and the qos in that is not so good thats why i digged in asuswrt.

But maybe the solution for me is to put the router with the asuswrt in the source where the internet comes and get in home the wndr3700