What's new

QoS questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tochi

New Around Here
I recently bought a RT-AC66W router. I want to learn more about QoS but information I found could not answer most of my questions. For examples, for the traditional QoS,

1. if certain traffic matches more than one rules, which rule applies?
2. specifying source port is not possible in ASUSWRT, if set up port foward to my web server and set up a rule by specifying the IP of the server, will it work?
3. priorities can be assigned to rules and each priority can have minimum reserved bandwidth, it seems to me [PRIORITY] here is useless if allocations of all priority classes have been assigned. what are the differces among different priorities?
4. In the sample screen of ASUSWRT, the sum of minimum reserved bandwidth is exact 100%. What if the sum of my settings is not 100%?
5. say there are 10 sessions on the network. 9 sessions are in 'High' priority and 1 sessions are in 'Medium' priority. if the minimum reserved bandwidth is 30 and 15 respectly. How bandwidth will be allocated in this case? Is it possible that 'High' priority sessions get less bandwidth each because there are too many sessions in the same priority?
6. There's only one light traffic rule (DNS) with highest priority. Can I speicify the minimum reserved bandwidth small value like 10% to highest? The minimum reserved bandwidth of highest is smaller than other priority levels, is it fine?
7. Does 'NAT Acceleration' void QoS automatically?

I learned that ASUSWRT originated from Tomato. I guess answers to these questions apply to both, right?
I know they might be too detailed and may take time to answer all. If someone can give me links to documentations where I can find the answers is also appreciated.