1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

QOS wan and clients same time

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Collin Heinz, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Collin Heinz

Collin Heinz New Around Here

I have an RTAC 5300 with Merlin 384.15. is there a way to use quality of service on the overall WAN and also on the client level at the same time? Adaptive and traditional QOS allow you to do the WAN only. Band was limiter allows you to select clients is there a way to have the best of both?

2. Vexira

Vexira Part of the Furniture

Just set up adaptive QoS see if that helps you, on the Merlin side there is a script that makes it better.

3. Collin Heinz

Collin Heinz New Around Here

I have played with all three The one that works best typically is bandwidth limiting. I think there are still some cases where the pieces that are limited add up to more than my overall allotment. At that point when my side is requesting more than my ISP will allow they start dropping packets.

4. Vexira

Vexira Part of the Furniture

When you tested adaptive qos did you use the freshjr qos script and use 95% of bandwidth values?
    and set your per pacet overhead?