What's new

QOS wan and clients same time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Collin Heinz

New Around Here
I have an RTAC 5300 with Merlin 384.15. is there a way to use quality of service on the overall WAN and also on the client level at the same time? Adaptive and traditional QOS allow you to do the WAN only. Band was limiter allows you to select clients is there a way to have the best of both?

I have an RTAC 5300 with Merlin 384.15. is there a way to use quality of service on the overall WAN and also on the client level at the same time? Adaptive and traditional QOS allow you to do the WAN only. Band was limiter allows you to select clients is there a way to have the best of both?
Just set up adaptive QoS see if that helps you, on the Merlin side there is a script that makes it better.

Just set up adaptive QoS see if that helps you, on the Merlin side there is a script that makes it better.
I have played with all three The one that works best typically is bandwidth limiting. I think there are still some cases where the pieces that are limited add up to more than my overall allotment. At that point when my side is requesting more than my ISP will allow they start dropping packets.

When you tested adaptive qos did you use the freshjr qos script and use 95% of bandwidth values?
and set your per pacet overhead?