What's new

QTS or QUTS Hero

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kmaulsby18

Occasional Visitor
Hello all. I will be setting up my NAS in a few days and looking at Youtube videos which may have been a mistake I trying to decide if I should set my NAS up for QTS or QTShero. I Will be use it for home Plex media server a couple of VM's and maybe a container. Setting up the Kids a Minecraft Server. Using for Adobe Lightroom.
Option 1 QuTSHero Setup storage pool using two NVMe's as the System Pool, using my six hard drives for data and adding two more NVMe's for VM'S.
Option 2 QTS Setup a storage Pool and the first Volume about 500GB and install System software and Apps and use the NVMe's for cache for the hard drives, and do the same as above for VM'S and containers.

Probably need to know more about your NAS - which model, what size of storage pool, etc...

For most folks, QTS is the right choice for home use, QuTS Hero is more for Small/Medium Enterprise...