1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Qualcomm’s Newest Mesh Wi-Fi Dev Kit Gets Amazon Alexa Integration

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Julio Urquidi, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Julio Urquidi

Julio Urquidi News Editor

qualcommlogosign.jpg
    The Qualcomm Mesh Networking Development Kit was created to facilitate integration of Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service, the key component driving Amazon's portion of the smart home market. Designed to help quickly develop Alexa integrated mesh Wi-Fi systems, the new development kit adds additional components to the existing Qualcomm Mesh Networking Platform, including:
    • IPQ4019 integrated network processor
    • Integrated audio decoding and post-processing
    • Multi-microphone FFV (far field voice) and WWD (wake word detection)
    • Support for various I/O technologies
    • Full software stack of the Qualcomm Mesh Networking Platform
    Using Meeami Technologies’ ClearVoice far-field voice enhancement software to integrate Alexa, OEMs can use Qualcomm’s newest development kit to build products that can take advantage of higher quality speech recognition, and capable of working in noisier home environments.

For more information on the new Mesh Networking Development Kit, be sure to visit product page on Qualcomm’s website.

Attached Files:

sfx2000, sd70mac and CrystalLattice like this.
  2. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

I'm actually working with the non-Alexa QSDK on IPQ4018 (similar to IPQ4019) - so full mesh support in the SDK, which is built on a custom OpenWRT (Chaos Calmer) with the vendor ath10k drivers and other enablers.

Since it's based on OpenWRT, it's fairly easy to get something up and running fairly quickly.

sd70mac and microchip like this.
  3. coxhaus

coxhaus Part of the Furniture

I sure hope they add some IP aware smarts to Alexa. She can not even tell me what her IP address is.

sd70mac likes this.