What's new

Question about 450mhz vs Gigabit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trauts14

Occasional Visitor
My Asus RT-N66U is a gigabit router if I am correct. Asus advertises the router as 450mhz, but they also mention gigabit speeds. Please help me understand this. Does this mean in an ideal situation if my computer is hardwired to the router I could achieve near gigabit speeds (assuming my network adapter can handle that)? What is the Asus refering to when the mention 450mhz speeds for this router? I am getting gigabit internet this week and that is why I would like to know whether my router can push gigabit speeds to my LAN.

450 MHz? u mean Mb/s, right?
450 Mb/s @ 2,4 GHz + 450 Mb/s @ 5 GHz = 900 Mb/s, but real attainable wireless speeds are about half
wired speed should be 1 Gb/s

Thank you. I meant to say Mb/s as opposed to the frequency. Sorry about that. Thanks for your explaination.

Does this mean in an ideal situation if my computer is hardwired to the router I could achieve near gigabit speeds (assuming my network adapter can handle that)?

Yes, exactly.

What is the Asus refering to when the mention 450mhz speeds for this router?

You mean 450 Mbps, and in that case they're referring to the maximum theoretical wireless speed.