What's new

question about dlna

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

avukajlo71

New Around Here
Is merlin fully open sourced? I got source code from git but not able to find dlna part of merlin.
Can somebody point me were is dlna source code? Actually I would like to see if adding dsd file support in dlna big issue. If asus dlna is originaly from minidlna then there are patches for dsd support.

Looking forward to having dsd support for asus's minidlna. Possibly can you look into the patch which allows higher resolution for album art thumbnails as well? Would be nice to display high quality album art to go along with our high quality music.

finally my asus is not "blind" when browsing folders with dsd music using asus dlna. I experimented with source code https://sourceforge.net/u/takeshich/minidlna/ci/MR_AddSupportForDSD/tree/
Patch that I make to git HEAD is given in attachment.
My initial frustration was that minidlna can not see dsd files even if avr or bluray player can play it via usb directly.
I tested patch connecting my sony ubp-x700 to asus dlna , and my avr denon X2400H to asus dlna which both natively support dsd files. Applied patch is so small that I believe that code maintainers will add it to merlin git.

What I did not patch from takeshich source code is tagutils for dsd to allow collecting and storing tag data about dsd files. I was interested in pure reproduction.
Thanks to everybody

Attachments

• 0001-dsd-fix-patch.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 642
It depends on your experience. Most "complicated" part is to setup linux box (for example on vmware player, if you don't have some already), then to pull all source code using git and compile merlin. All this instructions are contained in merlin docs (maybe not obvious on first reading). Applying this patch is quite simple using git ("git apply" from command line). If you are not familiar with git or linux build I strongly suggest you to find somebody to help. I really do not have more time, and do not have ac88u.

Does anyone have a patched minidlna with dsd support for merlin asuswrt on an ac86u? I think doing it myself is beyond me :(