What's new

Question About Dual-WAN on Two Ethernet Ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GPas

New Around Here
I apologize, but I'm completely new to Merlin and I don't even have router yet with Merlin on it.

I'm interested in a Dual-WAN configuration using an RJ45 connection for the second WAN port, possible reconfiguring one of the LAN ports, rather than using USB tethering. Is this possible to configure in Merlin?

I've seen the BRT-AC828 and that's, more or less, what I'm looking for, but that device doesn't seem to be available in the US.

I'm interested in a Dual-WAN configuration using an RJ45 connection for the second WAN port, possible reconfiguring one of the LAN ports, rather than using USB tethering. Is this possible to configure in Merlin?

Every Asus router with Dual WAN support allows that even with the stock firmware.
I've seen the BRT-AC828 and that's, more or less, what I'm looking for, but that device doesn't seem to be available in the US.

The BRT-AC828 seems to be nothing but an experiment for Asus. They issue about 2 firmware updates per year so far - that's not enough for a business-class product considering the number of security issues that have been found during that time and have yet to be fixed on that model.

Thanks for the advice. I can't seem to get this router, anyway, and I suppose that's a good thing. My main question was the point about functionality like that using Merlin.

Thanks for the advice. I can't seem to get this router, anyway, and I suppose that's a good thing. My main question was the point about functionality like that using Merlin.

Dual WAN functionality is identical in my firmware to the stock firmware. Both allow the use of a LAN port as the secondary WAN.