What's new

Question about GT-AC5300 + AIMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hadin

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a GT-AC5300 which works perfectly except for the 2.4ghz band, it suddenly stopped working a while back and nothing I tried worked to get it to come back. It didn't bother me too much as I never used 2.4ghz, only wired and 5ghz. I now need it for an outdoor camera and a smart plug. I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't involve replacing it as it is great for everything else. If I get another router like the RT-AC86U or really any AIMesh compatible one, could the router in node mode broadcast 2.4 even if my main router can't? If not, is there anything I could do or is my only option changing my router?

Thanks

It depends on what's broken on the GT-AC5300. If the hardware is gone, I don't believe any settings you can put into the 2.5GHz band's inputs will have any effect on a node either.

You may want to try the following suggestions to get your router back to a good known state (be sure you use the latest firmware for it available) and at the very least, reasonably either verify or deny a hardware issue on it.

Fully Reset Router and Network

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!