What's new

Question about not accepting ASUS and TRend agreements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Morac

I updated the firmware on my 88u to the latest Merlin firmware. On first logging in after upgrading I got 2 pop up agreements: one for ASUS and one for TRend. I chose to not allow either since I don’t use any of the features listed.

At this point it seems like it’s disabled as the trend signature no longer appears on the firmware page, I saw an unregistered message in the logs for ASUS DNS and the privacy page doesn’t show a withdraw button (though the wording on that page seems a bit odd). I also have about 50 MB more free memory.

Non-DDNS still works, which I’m guessing is expected, but what I found odd is that the traffic analyzer still works for measuring speed. Since the privacy page says that requires accepting the agreement I find it odd that that works. It actually is more accurate.

Anyway in the future if I want to use AIProtection or one of the Cloud features, how can I accept the agreement(s)? Will they just display if I try to enable one of the features that requires them?

Now ASUS thinks it's Facebook

This happens when you accept the terms:
https://www.snbforums.com/goto/post?id=418913#post-418913
Since upgrading to 384.6 b1, I see in my DNS server (Raspberry Pi with Pi-Hole) a lot of DNS requests going from the router to the following two addresses:

Request are been sent about every 15 seconds.
This has not been in 384.5 and I don't have any Asus cloud services activated in the router.

As soon as I'm withdrawing the ASUS privacy agreement, the DNS requests stopped.
Is ASUS sending data every 15 seconds to their servers??

Last edited:
Not seeing that at all, though I never accepted the terms. My question is actually how do you accept them if you’ve already declined?

My question is actually how do you accept them if you’ve already declined?

Magic!
Repent and reject terms: Administration -> Privacy -> Click in Withdraw

To accept terms you just have to activate AiProtection / Adaptive QoS / etc. and let the Illuminatis observe what pages you visit for blackmailing you in the new world order.

Last edited: